Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What Just Happened?

Today was a strange day. I was happy. I was sad. I was angered. I was twisting. I was hopeful. I was jaded. I was laughing. At the end of it all, I am just sitting here. I don't know what to think of it all. Some days just pass with nothing that happens. The day ends as it began. This day was not like that. Things have shifted. It was like today was really significant but I don't know how. Like there are a bunch of red herrings and only later will I realize what was really significant after the mystery has been solved. It's strange and yet a good place to be. It's good to be wondering what will happen next instead of knowing what to expect and dreading it.

"And I walk out the door
Get blown wide open
By the things I'd put away
And I wasn't even warned
Just blown wide open
By the mess is where I lay"
- "Blown Wide Open" by Big Wreck from their album "In Loving Memory of..."

1 comment:

Dave said...

THAT JUST HAPPENED.