Wednesday, November 30, 2005

These Shoe Buckles are on Sale for $3.99

A couple of days ago, I heard from one of my co-workers that during one of the conference calls that Mrs. Important Lady said “Dave is a great example of why we created the game expert position.” I found that to be quite the compliment. But wait a minute. How come no other game experts were mentioned? Perhaps there are no other game experts. Maybe I’m the only one. When I was hired, they said it was because they had a special position just for me. But what if that they meant “special” position? They’re probably just filling their “special” job quotas. And that means that they’re saying that they created this position because of lesser people like me! I’ve never been so insulted. No that’s not true. I’ve been to Insultfest ’98, ’99, and ’01 and man did you ever feel insulted after that. But still, that was a slap to the face.

I was also talking to one of my friends and he said that I tend to “twist peoples’ words so that I hear what I want to hear”. And that took me aback. What was he hinting at? Perhaps he’s saying that I tend to look beneath the surface of others’ comments to find a deeper wisdom. A wisdom that I and others would want to hear. That would make sense. I’m very good at interpreting what other people mean. I’ve told that by many people. Like when they say, “Do you know what you’re talking about?” and “You just a pompous jackass, aren’t you?” and “Why are stealing my newspaper?” and of course, “These shoe buckles are on sale for $3.99.” I mean, if you didn’t believe me before, just look at those testimonies.

No comments: