Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Of Course, There Would be a Penalty if the Cat Turned Out to Have Rabies

I wish I knew more about the science behind intelligent design. Some people probably laugh at that opening statement. But I'm serious. Christians look like total morons out there. I mean I know that there is a great way to describe and explain why intelligent design can make sense. And I think that there is the problem with Christians looking like idiots. Christians know that there is a rational explanation out there, but so few of them know it or strive to find out. And when they get confronted with it, they look like tools. And because Christianity is a minority in the culture, we're on the defense, but we don't even try to defend it for whatever reason. Then when people ask and we don't know, they just blow us off because it seems like we're flakey (maybe we are). Ironically, a lot of evolutionists are the same way in that they don't know what they're talking about (I'm not talking about the scientists, but the "everybody knows that evolution is right" half-wits that don't even know what evolution all means. Sort of like the Christian half-wits but with a better dental plan).

The thing is that it's hard to turn it around and try to confront evolutionists, because evolution is so much more present and accepted. And if you don't have anything substantial to say on the creation side of things, it doesn't help to discuss it.

"Hey, you don't know anything about evolution, you should become a creationist."

"And you don't know anything about creationism."

"Yeah, but I asked you first."

Perhaps we could design some sort of points based system where when an evolutionist burns some creationist, they earn points for their side and vice versa. Whoever has the most points wins and whatever. Perhaps, there can be some bonus thing where if you find a stray cat a home, you get bonus points. Of course there would be a penalty is the cat turned out to have rabies. Anyway, that would help both causes. Getting stray cats off the street and also determine who's right and there would never be this silly need to "think" again about all this evolution-creation stuff.

That'd be great. If we switched over to this system, we'd be set. But then I guess you'd have to do stuff like draft picks and what about all the contract disputes and the lockouts on the teams? Man, that's complicated. What was I talking about?.....Creation and evolution? What the crap? Why am I talking about draft picks? I mean if the evolutionists saw this, they'd think I'm just another crack pot creationist. Well, fortunately I have more points.

No comments: