Monday, January 15, 2007

Sex or Pie Would Be Just Fine

My new roommate has moved in! It ends the three month dry spell of no roommate. And it's not some stranger. He's a guy I went to Prov with. He's even met some of my non-Prov friends at a party at my place a month and a half ago (My infamous "Pre-Decemberween Celefest & Apple Cider and Juice Menagerie 2006"). People must have liked him, because the next day, there were even girls asking about him (and yes, he is single).

However, there are concerns. I mean, the guy is great and everything. But he's clean. I've been described as "not". It's fine, but I always feel bad, because I know that if the apartment is messy, he will notice it. And he will notice that I am not cleaning it. I always figure, "it's not that messy" and then I'm paranoid that other guy is thinking that I'm just sitting on my butt. And then I feel really bad when the guy is cleaning, because I'm not cleaning as well and yet I don't want to clean, I want to rock and roll all night.

I mean, the guy moved his stuff in and then the first thing he did was wash some of my dishes that I got dirty. I intervened, but I don't like this. This guy is gonna cause me to become disciplined and I don't like that. My slothful lifestyle was going great and now it's being ruined. I mean, how am I supposed to be one of those guys that the ladies want to fix up and make better if this guy is forcing me to be cleaner by association? Isn't that what women want? A guy that doesn't do anything and then the girl is going to love him and make him a better man and then he will do so because he loves her. At least that is what the guy has her believe, but really it's just a facade that he puts up so that he can get sex. Or pie. Sex or pie would be just fine. Depending on the mood I'm in.

I mean, why would anyone want somebody that lives with you and actually helps out at the start? That will just lead you to disappointment. If you go for the lazy, dirty guy, then you can tell yourself, "it can't go downhill from here". But you're wrong. It can only go downhill. Unless you give me sex or pie. Then I'll think about it.

1 comment:

/rach said...

Hey, Dave...I'm feeling better. You should call me some time. (Thanks for the new post, btw.)